Coronavirus 2019(COVID-19) Enfermedad por coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19)
COVID-19 mainly spreads from person- to- person. This occurs when an infected person produces respiratory droplets when they talk, cough, or sneeze. These droplets can land in the mouth, nose, or be inhaled by people who are within 6 feet of other or in an enclosed space together for more than 15 minutes. Droplets can also land on surfaces which can get transferred when an uninfected person touches the surface and then touches their nose, mouth, or eyes.
The following are the known COVID-19 symptoms:
- Fever (100.4°F) or chills or repeated shaking with chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle pain or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
It is important to note that individuals who are positive for COVID-19 can experience all the symptoms, some, or not have any symptoms. People who do not have any symptoms are considered to be asymptomatic and can still spread the virus to those around them.
Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus.
Anyone can get COVID-19. Older adults and people who have severe underlying health conditions such as high blood pressure, obesity, heart or lung disease, diabetes, or asthma are at a higher risk for developing more serious complications from COVID-19 illness.
- Stay home except for essential needs and activities.
- Practice physical distancing by staying 6 feet away from people.
- Wear a face covering in public outings or when interacting with people you do not live with.
- When wearing a face covering it must cover your nose, mouth, and chin.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. If surfaces are dirty, clean them using detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or your elbow or a tissue. Wash hands afterwards.
- Avoiding social gatherings with people who do not live in your household
- Stay home if you are sick
- If you think you have COVID-19 or have been potentially exposed, get tested